Edexcel GCSE Chemistry(1CH0)
This is the new Chenistry GCSE course from Edexcel which starts in the Autumn of 2016.
The course is assessed by exam only – no practical exam, although you have to do certain practicals in school.
It is a linear course, like all science GCSEs now, which means that you take the exam once, at the end of the course. The first exam will be in the summer of 2018.
There are two exam papers, two for each science, each of 1 hour 45 minutes. Questions are a selection of multiple choice, structured, closed short answer and open response.
● Topic 1 – Key concepts in chemistry
● Topic 2 – States of matter and mixtures
● Topic 3 – Chemical changes
● Topic 4 – Extracting metals and equilibria
● Topic 5 – Separate chemistry 1
● Topic 6 – Groups in the periodic table
● Topic 7 – Rates of reaction and energy changes
● Topic 8 – Fuels and Earth science
● Topic 9 – Separate chemistry 2