AQA Combined Science GCSE – Trilogy (8464)
This is one of two new double GCSE courses from AQA which starts in the Autumn of 2016.
The course is assessed by exam only – no practical exam, although you have to do certain practicals in school.
It is a linear course, like all science GCSEs now, which means that you take the exam once, at the end of the course. The first exam will be in the summer of 2018.
There are six papers: two biology, two chemistry and two physics. Each of the papers will assess knowledge and understanding from different topic areas.
- 1. Cell biology
- 2. Organisation
- 3. Infection and response
- 4. Bioenergetics
- 5. Homeostasis and response
- 6. Inheritance, variation and evolution
- 7. Ecology
- 8. Atomic structure and the periodic table
- 9. Bonding, structure, and the properties of matter
- 10. Quantitative chemistry
- 11. Chemical changes
- 12. Energy changes
- 13. The rate and extent of chemical change
- 14. Organic chemistry
- 15. Chemical analysis
- 16. Chemistry of the atmosphere
- 17. Using resources
- 18. Energy
- 19. Electricity
- 20. Particle model of matter
- 21. Atomic structure
- 22. Forces
- 23. Waves
- 24. Magnetism and electromagnetism