AQA Chemistry GCSE (8462)
This is the new Chemistry GCSE course from AQA which starts in the Autumn of 2016.
The course is assessed by exam only – no practical exam, although you have to do certain practicals in school.
It is a linear course, like all science GCSEs now, which means that you take the exam once, at the end of the course. The first exam will be in the summer of 2018.
There are two exam papers, each of 1 hour 45 minutes. The first covers topics 1-5 (below) and the other 6-10. Questions are a selection of multiple choice, structured, closed short answer and open response.
- 1. Atomic structure and the periodic table
- 2. Bonding, structure, and the properties of matter
- 3. Quantitative chemistry
- 4. Chemical changes
- 5. Energy changes
- 6. The rate and extent of chemical change
- 7. Organic chemistry
- 8. Chemical analysis
- 9. Chemistry of the atmosphere
- 10. Using resources