Edexcel Maths GCSE
There is just one GCSE Maths course offered by Edexcel
The exam consists of three papers taken at either foundation or higher tiers. All three must be taken at the same tier.
● Paper 1 is non-calculator; a calculator is allowed in papers 2 and 3.
● Each paper is 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
● Each paper has a range of question types; some questions will be set in both mathematical and non-mathematical contexts.
● Exams are taken in the summer. Students who are 16 years of age or over may take the exams in November.
● The qualification will be graded and certificated on a nine-grade scale from 9 to 1 using the total mark across all three papers where 9 is the highest grade. Individual papers are not graded.
● Foundation tier: grades 1 to 5.
● Higher tier: grades 4 to 9 (grade 3 allowed)
For more on the new grading system, see my About Maths GCSE page.
For more details of this course, go to the Edexcel Maths webpage.