- There is one GCSE Maths course (code 8300)
- Two tiers are available: Foundation and Higher.
- There are three equally-weighted written examination papers at either Foundation tier or Higher tier.
- All three papers must be at the same tier of entry and must be completed in the same assessment series.
- Paper 1 is a non-calculator assessment and a calculator is allowed for Paper 2 and Paper 3.
- Each paper is 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
- Each paper has a range of question types; some questions will be set in both mathematical and non-mathematical contexts.
- The papers can be taken either in the summer of in November.
For more on the new grading system, see my About Maths GCSE page.
For more details of this course, go to the AQA Maths webpage.