AQA Maths GCSE
3 Ratio, proportion and rates of change
4 Geometry and measures
● Two tiers are available: Foundation and Higher.
● Each student is permitted to take assessments in either the Foundation tier or Higher tier, not both at the assessment series.
● The qualification consists of three equally-weighted written examination papers at either Foundation tier or Higher tier.
● All three papers must be at the same tier of entry and must be completed in the same assessment series.
● Paper 1 is a non-calculator assessment and a calculator is allowed for Paper 2 and Paper 3.
● Each paper is 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
● Each paper has 80 marks.
● The content outlined for each tier will be assessed across all three papers.
● Each paper will cover all Assessment Objectives, in the percentages outlined for each tier.
● Each paper has a range of question types; some questions will be set in both mathematical and non-mathematical contexts.
● Two assessment series available per year: May/June and November.
● First assessment series: May/June 2017.
● The qualification will be graded and certificated on a nine-grade scale from 9 to 1 using the total mark across all three papers where 9 is the highest grade. Individual papers are not graded.
● Foundation tier: grades 1 to 5.